Last Updated on October 21st, 2011
- We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- When communicating and/or participating with any other user or feature of the site, clicking on sponsored listings or any other interaction on the site, the information you provide may be exposed to other users and/or search engines on the internet.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for an account we ask for your information.
- We use collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- We collect general access information for site analytics and may use third party vendors for collection and analysis of that information.
- When applying for a role on a project, making a purchase or otherwise communicating with other users of the system, some of your contact information may be provided to those users so that they may communicate with you outside of the service.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use our service.
Data Storage / Third Party Vendors
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the website. Although we own the code, databases, and all rights belong to us, you retain all rights to your data.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms and Conditions.
- We may periodically update this policy. We may, but are not required, notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a notice on our site.